Every week some band from somewhere joins LadySpitfire, Kickazz and DJ Lehr wanting to be heard, well without further adieu, here you go!
Manhattan-born singer-songwriter, Madame Mayhem™, is a true rocker with an eclectic style in every aspect of her life. With her ‘in your face’ attitude, Mayhem is definitely the right word to describe this extreme artist.
She began to take the music scene by storm when she was featured on iHeartRadio’s New Discovered and Uncovered Artist chart, before opening for Buckcherry’s Live Nation tour at The Sands Bethlehem Event Center. She has performed across the nation to packed rooms, including The Roxy, The Viper Room, Bowery Ballroom, Knitting Factory, a residency at The Cutting Room, the Bluebird Café during Grammy nomination week, and has headlined the VH1’s “THAT METAL SHOW” annual Christmas Party. And now, Madame Mayhem will take her over the top live show on an east coast run, supporting the legendary Doro in late February and early March 2016. Her fan base to date is over 157 thousand strong, and growing rapidly.
Madame Mayhem has just completed a new record, ‘Now You Know,’ featuring a powerhouse team of rock talent including Billy Sheehan (Mr. Big, Winery Dogs), who produced and played on the album, Ray Luzier (KoRn, KXM), Ron “Bumblefoot” Thal (Guns N’ Roses), Russ Parrish (“Satchel” from Steel Panther), and Corey Lowery (Saint Asonia, Stuck Mojo). The album has been included on Loudwire’s top 10 video picks , and has received rave reviews from the hard music and rock communities, including BraveWords, Loudwire, New Noise Magazine, and Revolver Magazine. With hard rock roots and melodies that show off her vocal range, Mayhem is excited to bring these new songs to the masses.
Madame Mayhem has collaborated with notable rock talents including Grammy winner Mark Hudson, Earl Slick (David Bowie, John Lennon), Rudy Sarzo (Ozzy Osbourne, Quiet Riot, Whitesnake, Dio), Elliot Easton (The Cars, Blondie), John Moyer (Disturbed), Jon Secada, Rudy Perez, and more.
Madame Mayhem’s endorsements include Samson, ACS Custom, and more to come. Let the Mayhem continue!
Recently sat down with the singer to talk about what’s going on in her life, for the second time 🙂
Welcome back to the show Madame!!!!
Thanks for having me back!
- The last time that we had an interview we talked about being discovered by Iheart Radio How has life been since we last talked?
It’s been great! So many exciting things are happening… The album is out now and we are getting ready for this tour coming up.
- So tell us more about the album Now You Know – how did you come up with the name? and the song Left for Dead, what are your songs on the album about?
“Now You Know” is a real introduction to who I am as an artist and writer. Thought the name was a perfect fit. Actually one of the songs on the record is called “Something Better (Now You Know)” so I took it from there.Left For Dead” expresses the struggle of both a tumultuous relationship, and internal conflict with yourself to not be held down and to move forward. The songs on the record are basically me spilling my guts out and dealing with real stories, issues, and things I have overcome. Hopefully people will enjoy the songs and be able to relate to some of it as well.
- See that your going to be on tour and your going to be touring with Doro, tell us about what’s going through your mind to be touring with a great legend.
Really excited to be heading out on the road with Doro. Can’t wait to give the audiences shows to remember.
- Recently seen pics of you with the lovely Jane Train, a local singer songwriter from PA, any talks about a duet coming up or working on something together?
Yes! We met out in California last month! We work with, and know some of the same people, so it was great to finally hang out. We had a great time and she is an awesome woman! A duet sounds like fun!
- How is it that these great and talent writers are coming to you to be on the album? You have already collaborated with Grammy winner Mark Hudson, Earl Slick (David Bowie, John Lennon), Rudy Sarzo (Ozzy Osbourne, Quiet Riot, Whitesnake, Dio), Elliot Easton (The Cars, Blondie), John Moyer (Disturbed) whose next? Anyone in particular you would love to collaborate with? Me personally I would love to see you collaborate with Lita Ford or the band Vixen J
I love collaborating and will continue to do so as much as I can. I have been so fortunate to work with so many incredible musicians and writers and legends! They have really inspired me and helped me get better as a musician and a writer, and I will forever appreciate them for believing in me, in my voice, in my potential, and my talent.
I would love to collaborate with Lita Ford and or Vixen! I have actually had the pleasure of meeting Lita a couple times in the past, and think she is an amazingly talented woman…I really admire her.
- How do you engage with your fans? What works best for you
In any way I can really …I am truly fans of my fans because no matter who they are or what they are into we can all relate on the level of music. I especially love it when performing live and I feed off their energy and they feed off mine and it’s a special surreal kind of feeling in all the Mayhem ! I also love interacting with my fans on my social media pages! Send me a message on the official Madame Mayhem Facebook page, or tweet at me or anything really. I do all my own social media, so when you are talking to someone on Official Madame Mayhem pages, it’s me! I always go hang out at the merch table after my set to meet fans and sign CDs !
- What kind of words can you offer new musicians that are starting out? Keep going! I have been doing this for a while and am still hustling and working my butt off… If it’s your passion, never stop!
- What changes have you seen in the industry since you first started, and where do you see it going? I have been told for years the industry has changed …and if only it was back in the day when… Honestly I am trying to get a grasp the changes since its constantly is changing as I go, If I ever get a full grip on it ill let you know haha.
- How about a trivia question for your listeners out there to see who the true fans are … Name the show that Madame Mayhem headlined for
What event hosted by Eddie Trunk, Don Jamieson and Jim Florentine did I perform at?
- What else haven’t we mentioned? Where can we find you and your music
You can find “Now You Know” online on itunes, google play, Amazon, and more! For a physical copy, ask your local record store or F.Y.E. for Madame Mayhem’s “Now You Know”.
You can also stream it on Spotify (and be sure to “follow’’ me on there for all the Madame Mayhem music).
Don’t forget to check out the new music videos and behind the scenes stories of the songs on the album on the Official Madame Mayhem Youtube page: www.Youtube.com/MadameMayhemOfficial
Hope to see you out a show soon! And if I am not playing by you, ask your local venues to book us! We would love to come out and play for ya.
Thanks for your time