Up Close and On Fire with LadySpitfire is brought to you by Dragons Den Tattoo Studio, Kingston PA.
This week LadySpitfire presents
JingerKroa is an original four-piece rock band currently located in the Lehigh Valley Area of Pennsylvania. Conceived in 2011, the lineup features J.Goth on lead vocals, Unkl Nicky on guitar, HillBilly holding down the bass and Mike on drums. Their signature hooky riffs, powerful lyrics and crushing beats have been relentlessly powering up audiences across the nation since they began to rock, leading them to share stages with national acts such as BuckCherry, Black Stone Cherry, Endwell, Powerman5000, He is Legend and My Bitter End, and being featured on festival stages like On The Road to Sphinx Tour, Mayhem Festival and Hard Rock Rising.
Originally formed by J.Goth, Mike and HillBilly, each member has a background in several previous bands, but the common thread that eventually united them was a mutual dedication to playing original music, and a need to step outside of commonly drawn genre boundaries to create something that was uniquely their own. With varied influences that include Jimi Hendrix, Jimmy Page, Frank Zappa, the Plasmatics, Depeche Mode, Bad Brains, Tool, Rammstein, Candlemass, Genitorturers and Pantera as well as Johnny Cash, Melissa Etheridge, Merle Haggard, Rascal Flatts, Maroon 5, Korn and Cannibal Corpse, their musical diversity fuels an intense creative chemistry. Their unique expression is rooted in traditional metal, with strong melodic vocals over pounding riffs that alternately tip the hat to punk, doom and stoner: a strong dose of heavy, with a compelling and – dare we say – radio friendly sound reminiscent of early Metallica or Megadeth at their peak.
Their first demo album, Pick a Prize, sold over three hundred copies in its first week of release, and continues to sell very well off the stage and at digital outlets worldwide. Touring for their debut release took them through Ohio, North Carolina, Louisiana, Tennessee, Texas, New Jersey and back home to Pennsylvania, where they are currently working on a follow up album to be released in 2016. Always busy playing local and out of state gigs, JingerKroa actively donates stage time to charities such as Make A Wish Foundation, Wounded Veteran’s Annual Fundraiser Event, and Dream Come True functions. In conjunction with their sponsors, Tattoo Island, Photography by Sarah Miller and Kitchen Goddess Nina, they have also produced and participated in a variety of events. Connect with JingerKroa today and stay up to date on upcoming news and gigs in your town!
Now here’s the interview your all waiting for.
Here’s the questions ….
JingerKroa Interview Set
1. Where did you get the name “Sickos” for your fans? There is a lot of sickness and adventures always happening in the world of JingerKroa, so what better name than “Sickos” for our fans? Our fans always join the madness and sickness with us , we are a team
2. What bands have you played with on stage in the past few years? Would you like to play with any of them again soon? The past is the past and we live in the now and gaze to the future. Coming up, we are playing with BuckCherry and Black Stone Cherry May 7th at the Sherman Theater and we are pretty damn excited.
3. Do you see yourself signing to a label anytime soon? Or are you satisfied being independent? As far as a label it all depends on the opportunity. There are a lot of shady record labels out there. At the present time we are happy with being an Indie. However, if the right record label comes along and the opportunity is a good one, we may consider signing. We Never say never.
4. How did “Pick a Prize” do when it first released to the public? We sold 300 copies the first week.
5. Where can people buy “Pick a Prize”?
Here is the link to purchase our first album. Now is the time to purchase since it will no longer be in production. Limited supplies. Please note: Unkl Nicky and Hillbilly are not play guitar and bass in our first album.
6. How is the second album coming along? Is there a title for it yet? Album is coming along great! No title yet, but we are working on it
7. When do you plan to release the new CD?
We are presently in the studio laying down tracks for our album which is scheduled to be released Summer of 2016
8. What can we expect from you in the future? No one knows the future. We just keep a positive mindset and do what we love to do, create and play our music. Keeping our opportunities open and explore new territories as we embrace what life brings to us.
9. Who exactly is “Shamus, the Purple Bunny”? I noticed that little detail while looking you up. LOL, Shamus is our mascot and he is a little mischievous one so watch out! You will be seeing more of him in the coming months.
10. Best way to get in contact with the band? Through our manager Nina De at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are on social media, which is the best way to get up to the minute news on what we are doing.
11. Final thoughts? Thank you, Lady Spitfire for your support, to all of our contacts who support the band always and to all our fans. Without them, we are nothing. We also ask everyone to sign up for our mailing list and join the “Sicko Army” to get first hand news and exclusive discounts and giveaways. Here is the link to join the Sicko Army : http://eepurl.com/bVln61